Privacy and Cookie Statement
1. Who is responsible for processing your data?
StockLife B.V. is a private company under Dutch law, established at Duinweg 15-17, (5482 VR) Schijndel, the Netherlands, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 73714755 (hereinafter referred to as SL ‘)
For the purposes described in these Privacy and Cookie Terms, SL is considered a data controller, defining the means and purposes for the collection, storage, disclosure, use and other types of processing of personal data.
Any indication ‘we,’ ‘us’ or ‘our’ in these privacy and cookie conditions (‘conditions’) refers to SL. The Data protection officer (DPO) for SL is:
5482 VR SCHIJNDEL
2. Purpose of this privacy statement and cookie conditions
These privacy and cookie conditions describe how SL uses the personal information collected during participation in auctions, your visit to SL websites, online applications and mobile platforms. SL handles your privacy and the security of your personal information with care.
All personal data collected via the website or other applications and mobile platforms (“Platform”) is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, in particular EU Directive 2016/679, known as General Data Protection Regulation, as well as any other future legislation and additional national legislation.
These privacy and cookie conditions are valid from 25 May 2018. All future changes to our data protection guidelines will be published on this website. Therefore, regularly check the privacy statement for changes.
3. Purpose of processing personal data
We handle your personal information with care and take measures to protect it. In accordance with legal requirements, you must bear in mind that SL will process and use your (personal) data for the following purposes:
• for the execution of agreements;
• due to a legitimate interest of SL;
• to comply with legal obligations.
More specifically, under the responsibility of SL, your (personal) data will be processed and used:
• to offer you online auction services (including facilitating online auctions on the auction website, registering and closing auction bids, informing participants about an auction and the progress thereof, providing information to a seller and / or customer as part of an auction and / or a third party involved in conducting auctions, issuing invoices);
• to store your (personal) registration data in a data file to facilitate your (future) participation in an auction or auctions;
• to conduct audits and security checks in relation to the auction website;
• to inform you about functional changes to the auction website and to provide you with important information about participation in an auction or the use of auction services;
• to request your feedback on a new web page to optimize the website;
• in case you accept our cookies: to measure your experience in an anonymous way to optimize the website;
• in case of technical problems to solve these in order to be able to trace your bid on a lot and to prevent your bid from being lost due to a technical problem;
• to inform you about potentially interesting auctions at SL and other SL auction houses when you registered for a newsletter and gave permission to process your data to inform you via newsletters;
• to manage customer accounts in the central database;
• to handle questions from existing and potential customers;
• to deliver sold goods (for example, by a delivery service to be engaged by SL) or to organize (possibly) pick-up days;
• if you accept our cookies or if you have created an account, to make specific offers based on your surfing and purchasing behavior if you have given us permission to do so;
• to handle questions from existing and potential customers;
• for handling complaints;
• for creating your invoice;
• to allow you to collect goods or to allow the delivery service to send you the good you have purchased;
• to do our administration and to meet our tax obligations;
• to comply with legal obligations and judicial decisions and / or to take measures that are required in connection with legal proceedings.
In all other cases, SL will request your permission.
Before SL uses your personal data for marketing purposes, such as for commercial offers (digital newsletter), it will ask you for your permission on the auction website. You will only receive newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Your subscription is registered and stored by us so that we can prove your consent. If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from SL, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter using the hyperlink provided for this.
Providers of advertising networks and media companies act as intermediaries for web shops and advertisers. The marketing cookies they use enable them to display third-party advertisements on the SL website. They can combine your favorite lots at SL with information they collect when you visit other websites. This information is not collected, combined or used by SL, but by the media companies and / or providers of advertising networks themselves, to whom SL offers space on its website (this is comparable to advertising space in newspapers, for example). SL is not responsible or liable for the data processing of these parties.
For the cookie and privacy statement of these advertising networks and companies, SL would like to refer you to their respective websites. Because cookie and privacy statements may be updated from time to time, we recommend that you regularly visit and read the cookie and privacy statements.
4. Which personal data is collected by us?
As part of creating an account, SL only collects personal information that is necessary to provide you services and to execute the agreement with you.
To create an account:
• Name and address of the creator of the account;
• Company details;
Contacts / representative organizations (if applicable);
• Email addresses and telephone numbers.
For bids and for managing the website and content:
• Technical and pseudonymised data;
• Your feedback on the use of our Platform and all other information that you send us via the functionalities of the Platform, which enables us to improve the functionalities of our website and Platform
• Anonymous data that cannot be traced to a person for reporting purposes
For successful bids / purchases:
• purchased lot;
• Bank details;
• Payment methods and when the payment is made;
• For some lots, your date of birth, if required by law;
• Delivery address.
5. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for our processing activities is two-fold:
a. the execution of the agreement that you have concluded with us through your registration for an account, to participate in our promotions and the implementation of any purchase agreement that we have concluded with you after your successful bid;
b. our legitimate interest as a professional auctioneer to communicate with our customers and participants in our auctions and to manage our platform so that you can participate in our auctions;
Only for sending marketing emails and newsletters is the legal basis different. We will only send you newsletters if you have previously given your consent by subscribing to our newsletters via our website. You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, as stated in paragraph 3 of this Privacy Statement and Cookie Terms.
6. Other information
SL will not collect or store special categories of personal data, such as data about political opinions, religious beliefs, or health as defined in Article 9 of the GPR.
Sensitive data, such as creditworthiness, are only required in the case of special lots at auctions, such as airplanes or other expensive goods, to ensure that bidders can actually buy such lots, and problems with payment and delivery can be prevented. In some cases, we also work with notaries and lawyers to meet the legal requirements for the transfer of ownership.
7. Protection of personal data
SL ensures effective data protection by using encrypted communication and secure links in accordance with the state of the art where necessary. SL has also taken measures to ensure the security of both physical and virtual access to data in its buildings and its computer systems.
In addition, we will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the specific risks that we have identified.
8. Storing stored data
Your personal data will only be processed for the required duration and will then be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed, taking into account the legal data retention obligation. SL has a procedure for keeping the documentation in question safe.
9. Exchange of information
SL works together with other parties to provide services to you and will only pass on information to third parties that fall within the following scope:
• Affiliated companies: affiliated companies that belong to SL and its subsidiaries, if these companies offer comparable data protection and the transfer of data is permitted.
• Service providers: we instruct other companies and individuals to work on our behalf. Examples of service providers are companies that offer delivery services or payment processing (credit card, direct debit and purchase on account) or professional bidding agents who act on behalf of customers. If SL uses the services of third parties, it concludes agreements with these parties, from which no independent obligation arises for them with regard to the processing of personal data. These service providers have access to the personal information needed to perform their work. However, they are not permitted to use this data for other purposes.
• In all other cases, you will be notified if your personal information is to be sent to third parties and you will be given the opportunity to agree to this separately.
For each disclosure, we will ensure that the necessary contractual safeguards for the protection of your personal information are in place.
In all cases where personal data is transferred to third parties in countries outside the European Union (EU) within the above context, we guarantee that the data will be transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and with applicable data protection legislation.
In principle, all data will, where possible, be processed within the EU and will not be exchanged with parties outside the EU.
Data may only be exchanged by SL with a non-EU country if the recipient can guarantee the same level of data protection, either on the basis of the legislation in force in that country or via separate agreements as prescribed by the EU in the EU format for a binding agreement. This also means that we have provided adequate protection of your personal data for our call center, which is located outside the EU, by signing EU standard contract provisions.
10. Your rights with regard to your data
You have the following legal rights:
Right to information and right to access your personal information. You can request more information about our processing activities and the personal data that we hold about you at any time.
Right to rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data. You have the right to immediate rectification or addition by us of all incorrect or incomplete personal data.
Right to delete your personal information (the right to be forgotten). You can request to delete (part of) your personal data in the following situations:
a. when the processing is no longer necessary for archiving purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
b. when processing is no longer necessary to implement our agreement with you or when this is no longer required by law;
c. if the processing was based on consent and you have decided to withdraw your consent;
d. when your data has been processed unlawfully;
e. if you have good grounds for objecting to the processing of your personal data;
f. when your personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
In exceptional cases we may refuse to delete your data, to comply with legal obligations or to make, exercise or defend claims or for any other legitimate interest.
Right to limit the processing of personal data. You can request us to limit the processing of your personal data when:
a. you have disputed its accuracy for the period that we need to verify your personal information;
b. we no longer need the personal data for processing, but you need it for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
c. the processing appears to be illegal and you have asked us to limit the use of your data;
d. we are in the process of verifying whether our legitimate interests transcend yours in the context of an objection to the processing of your data.
Right to data transfer. In some cases you have the right to receive all your personal data in a structured, generally used and machine-readable format and you have the right to send this data to another controller. This right applies if the processing is based on permission or on the necessity of executing a contract, and when the processing takes place automatically.
Right to object to the processing of your personal data at no cost. You can object to the processing of your personal data if this processing is based on our “legitimate interests.” In that case, we will no longer process your data unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to do so, or because we have to do so because of a legal obligation. When (part of) your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to the processing of your data at any time, or withdraw your consent. You also have the right not to be subject to profiling for direct marketing purposes.
Complaint right. If you have a complaint about our data processing, you can contact us by writing our DPO, see contact information for paragraph 1. You also have the right to send your complaint to the local data protection authority. Where SL is the controller responsible, the data protection authority is the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
When in doubt whether the right person is involved, SL may request an additional identification.
It is important to note that e-mail and marketing campaigns are not the result of cookies. Neither your e-mail address nor your telephone number are stored in cookies, and cookies are not used to create traceable personal profiles.
You have the option to accept or disable all cookies from visited websites by changing your internet browser settings. Please note that certain functions on this website are not available if you disable cookies. If you are unsure how to change your browser settings or delete cookies, consult your browser’s instructions.
We use the following cookies on our website:
Session cookies are used to manage and secure your current visit to our websites. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. You can find a complete overview of the cookies currently being used, their function and the expiry time at the bottom of this page.
Permanent cookies allow websites to remember your information and settings when you visit them again in the future. This results in faster and easier access because, for example, you do not have to log in again. It also helps you to select lots and save them to your favorites so that you can come back later to view them and decide at a later stage to bid on them at the auction. It also makes it possible to inform you when another customer has placed a higher bid than you, and to place a new bid to have a better chance of winning the bid. A complete overview of the cookies currently in use, their function and their expiry time can be found at the bottom of this page.
12. Web browser settings
If you do not want websites to store cookies on your computer, you can change the settings of your web browser so that a warning appears before cookies are saved. You can also change the settings so that the web browser blocks all cookies or only those from external providers. In your web browser settings you can also delete cookies that have already been saved. Please note that these settings must be defined separately in each web browser and computer that you use. Also keep in mind that SL cannot guarantee that its website will function properly if cookies are blocked. It is possible that some website functions are lost or that you no longer have access to the website. The procedure for changing the settings is different for each web browser. If necessary, open the help function of your web browser to go directly to the instructions for your specific web browser.
You can block cookies from certain providers on the following website: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
The SL website may contain hyperlinks to other websites and to the websites of business partners that are not part of SL. SL does not accept any responsibility for data protection practices and the content of these websites.
14. Other information
SL reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement and cookie conditions from time to time. Check this every time you visit the website to stay up to date.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement and Cookie Terms, the SL website or your registration information, or if you want to change this information, please contact:
and / or the DPO, see section 1 for the contact details.
15. Adjust privacy statement
We reserve the right to adjust this privacy statement. Changes will be published on this website.